Saturday, April 24, 2010

Comcast's 250GB limit Reality?

Many a times I have raised the issue about my ISP's lack of providing a descent internet service to people like me and others. I was harping about this issue (as many of you would know) for some time even before when Comcast was Patriot media, testing them sometimes daily and or weekly my broadband speeds through the use of web sites like dslreports and others their quality of connection. I have joked about it many times on my twitter account hoping that it can attract the attention of someone within Comcast's power to correct the problem properly only to get excuses and false illusions of handling the situation for the purpose of good public appearance. Then I choose to take it to the next level (after being ignored) to our government agencies like the FCC and also some elected officials. The poor and improperly advertised promises of speed performance currently active does not allow for fair adjustments to our bills and this also unfair to consumers. This past January (according to postings) Comcast has implimented their 250GB limit but the reasons are really unclear for this policy other then the fear that too many people today are using the internet to view shows and programs rather then regular cable channels with many paid ads, a trend I do not believe Comcast or other cable providers want because of lack of control only because they don't see how to. Now because of my actions (reporting them) I am being targeted unjustly and why the government agencies in charge of protecting consumers like me from these types of attacks is absent in protecting me. The short sited actions of a few individuals in Comcast to pursue these ways of retaliation (and others who may complain as well in the future), do not take into account my ability to post and use the Internet by other means like wifi hot spots with iphone or tablet. Short sited in both the future of the Internet, media and the ever growing use of individuals of the net in replacement of controlled outdated cable channels, Comcast and other ISP's will suffer greatly and so will the majority of Internet users despite the 99% unrealistic stats they report. This should not discourage us from pointing them out or complaining to the proper people and or agency until someone listens and the probllem is corrected.

No comments:

Popular Posts